Monday, August 27, 2007

So much laundry . . .




I decided to try making my own laundry detergent after finding this article http://natural-products.suite101.com/article.cfm/washing_clothes_for_pennies . For less than $1, I made enough detergent to do over 100 loads of laundry. Woohoo! It was really easy to do, and seems to work pretty well. I added a little sweet orange essential oil, but there's really not much of a scent to it. The only drawback is that after the mixture cooled it resembled a thick layer of soap Jell-o, which then had to be mixed in with the water underneath it. Kind of like the texture of cold gravy. On the upside, I filled all the empty detergent bottles in my house with my homemade detergent and won't have to make more for 2 or 3 months.
I also made some homemade dish detergent (the kind for the dishwasher) which is just equal amounts of washing soda and borax.




1 comment:

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

Thanks - how great! Im tryin it!!!